Saturday, January 29, 2011

The topic I’m going to research is how and why is social media changed comedy over the past decade? Certainly there are shows out there like Tosh.0 and Attack of the Show that utilize social media sources like YouTube and other user-generated material from the Internet, but how do these sources change what we think is funny or how comedians are found? Some sources I have found show that comedians are actually being found now on sites like YouTube. Bo Burnham, who was an Internet phenomenon, is now touring around the world and is selling his songs and stand-up bits on iTunes. He is just one of many who I’ve found that has been discovered by people using YouTube. I think that my ideal audience would be anybody who appreciates the humor of user-generated content and those who actually use social media sites. It’s crazy to think that these sites are actually having an impact on people’s lives and they are being discovered this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment