Sunday, January 23, 2011

Do I Have To?

When I think of my experience in writing Research papers/essays, I usually think of excruciating pain. It's not that I have a problem with writing or research for that matter, but I do have a problem with writing about something that I am not genuinely interested in. In High School I usually was asked to research and write about a topic that was assigned to me. This is the worst thing someone could ask me to do. How can you write a paper/essay that people will be happy to read if you yourself, are not happy to write it? Luckily, my Senior year in English I was given the chance to write about a topic that I was very excited to research. I wrote about my favorite band The Beatles, and found it very easy to do the research and write the essay. I like doing research, but it definitely has to be something that I am passionate about. I am not sure if I will have to do much research in my nursing profession, but I would be comfortable in doing so, and would enjoy the opportunity to learn more about something that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment