Sunday, January 30, 2011

Media Panic

My research topic is going to be about how the media creates panic about pit bulls. I think it will be a challenge to avoid projecting my opinions into this paper because of my involvement with pit bull rescue. I found a video for my primary resource, where the news uses dramatic language and "breaking news" to bring panic to the public. Here is the link to the video, http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7466707. I just wanted to say I'm not trying to be insensitive towards people in any kind of animal attack, I just thought it would be interesting to analyze how the media is so dramatic especially when creating a bad name for pit bulls. I imagine my ideal audience would be for people who are interested in the news and how accurate they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment