Monday, January 24, 2011

Previous Research

I believe my very first research paper was in third grade. We were to pick an animal and do basic research on the animal's habitat and population and such. I chose the Polar Bear because I had always wanted one as a pet. Needless to say, I quickly changed my mind as I was researching. Anyway, as I approached high school I found that I was forced to do research on topics that I wasn't necessarily interested in such as World War II. Blah. If you are able to choose a topic of your interest, you are lucky. It makes the experience so much easier and you don't feel like you are being forced to complete the assignment. I am a Nursing major, so I will be doing research on medicine and the body and other topics related to those. Topics of that category will not be too difficult or painful for me because I am interested in them. Research is something that many of us will be doing throughout the rest of our lives, so the sooner we get used to it, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment