Monday, February 7, 2011

Nerd in his basement makes our gov. $$$

My primary source is a movie review/critic website called RottenTomatoes.com. Secondary sources are journal articles about movie critics and website reviews of RottenTomatoes. Recently I discovered that over $30 billion dollars is spent on motion picture viewing annually in the US alone. I thought it was interesting that I have so much information that revolves around the ideal that critics (volunteer in most cases) have such an impact over this market. My research has shown in a general sense that ticket sales and box office toppers are immensely influenced by the ratings given by early critics. In a sense, volunteer, movie buffs view the movie early and indirectly decide popularity, potential awards and monetary success before the public even sees an advertisement.

No comments:

Post a Comment