Monday, February 14, 2011

Catfish

Before knowing what Catfish was about, I was all for watching The Social Network because it is really a great movie with terrific dialogue. I naturally thought every Facebook user should see it, but after watching the trailer for Catfish in class, I switched my mind. I voted to watch Catfish because a friend of mine had been in a very similar incident back during my freshman year of high school. The parallels between the movie and the real life situation I know of were very eerie and exciting for me to watch. Things like this do happen out there all the time and really aren't that hard to fake. I know the movie wasn't a true documentary, but it really felt like it. The perception that it was a true story unfolding made it a truly compelling experience and now I'm telling all my friends and family to watch it, but I'm not going to tell them it's fictional.

No comments:

Post a Comment